Why believe the Lightman
- Verification of results by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) The
Lightman has been evaluated by most of the major Original Equipment
Manufacturers of pulse oximeters. The outcome is a resounding agreement that
the Lightman relaibley detects high and low reading sensors as well as
- The Lightman has been the instrument of choice by a variety of both
Original Equipment Manufacturers and Manufacturers of generic pulse oximeter
sensors for Quality control. The Lightman is used for both quality checking of
finished product and to evaluate returned sensors. The Lightman is also in use
by research departments.
- Sensors that have been identified as faulty by the Lightman to date have
been replaced under guarantee by OEMs and manufacturers of generic sensors.
- Users report Lightman results are in agreement with their clinical
findings. Clinicians and technicians are finding the results of sensor
evaluations carried out by the Lightman help to explain clinical findings and
equipment malfunctions. Nurses often report concerns about equipment, for
example, the alarms do not trigger as expected where the clinical condition of
the patient would indicate otherwise. This can occur as either false alarms or
no alarm triggered situations. Both of these situations pose clinical risk as
well as being an increased stress factor for nursing staff and patients.
- Independent clinical trials prove Lightman predictions are in agreement
with co-oximeter data and conclude that if inaccurate sensors are used
patients could get the wrong treatment.
A paper on the evaluation of a pulse oximeter
sensor tester. As presented Belfast 2008.
- Results of breathe downs show agreement of pulse oximeter systems with